Positive Happenings for the Emerald Coast in 2020 and the Future!
2020 has been a tough year to navigate, but the Emerald Coast of Florida has had numerous opportunities, developments and accolades of which to be proud of. The Florida Panhandle is not only known as a beautiful paradise that has become a huge tourist destination, it is also the home to top defense and cybersecurity businesses. The area has also worked to develop advanced educational and leadership institutes for school-aged children through working adults.
These are just a few of the developments and accolades that the Emerald Coast has achieved recently.
Educational Opportunities & Accolades
- 3 in the top 9 of “Best Florida School Districts” named by Niche.com
2. Continued Advancement in Innovative Education and STEM/STEAM Education with:
Hsu Educational Foundation in Okaloosa County
Magnet Innovation Center in Walton County
STEM Institute FSU Panama City
Studer Community Institute in Pensacola (just to name a few)
- Future Parks near Eglin Air Force Base will provide internships for future graduates in the defense industry.
- Walton Work Center of Excellence will be the home to 10 new workforce programs at the DeFuniak Springs NW Florida State College campus. Programs will include cybersecurity, drone technology, public safety and building trades.
Eglin Air Force Base is building a new multi-facility that will include an advanced munitions complex, research workspace and a cybersecurity test group facility.
Tourism Accolades and new Excursion
- 3 in the top 13 of “Top 25 US Beaches” named by Trip Advisor
- Panama City will be a new Port of Call for Viking Cruises in the future